Child Safety Standard 10
Child Safety Standard 10 – Implementation of the Child Safe Standards is regularly reviewed and improved.
Clubs should focus on
- The organization regularly reviews, evaluates, and improves child-safe practices.
- Complaints, concerns, and safety incidents are analyzed to identify causes and systemic failures to inform continuous improvement.
- The organization reports on the findings of relevant reviews to staff and volunteers, community and families, and children and young people
Documents required for compliance
- All policies and procedures have a regular review period indicated in the document.
- Reports document any child safety and wellbeing reviews and findings.
Actions required for compliance
- Records of complaints, concerns, allegations, and actions taken to respond.
- Complaints, concerns, safety incidents, or significant breaches of policy are examined to understand what caused the issues and if these are a result of the clubs policies and procedures and if there are improvements that can be made to prevent these problems from reoccurring.
- Improvements and considerations are constantly made in consideration;
- Of analysis or complaints, concerns, safety incidents, and significant breaches of policy.
- Feedback from performers, officials, staff, volunteers, or the community.
- Understanding if the club has fully implemented the 11 standards.
- All reports of the reviews are shared with the club’s performers, officials, staff, volunteers and the community.